Applications are invited for a full-time position on middle management level in the field of social work and child protection services, including limited services to facilities for older persons in the Francois Baard and JTG areas, which includes ACVV branches in Kimberley, Kuruman, De Aar, Danielskuil, Richmond, Douglas, Colesberg, Olifantshoek, Kathu and also Reivilo.
Key performance areas:
- Social Work Services and supervision focusing on child protection
- Guidance, support and supervision of social workers and practitioners
- Management guidance to branches
- Professional development
- Capacity building
- Services to day care facilities for children and facilities for older persons.
- Registered at SACSSP + Proof of payment of annual fee for 2023/24
- Degree in Social Work
- Minimum of five (5) years’ recent experience in the child protection field and developmental social work services on all four ISDM service levels
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the implementation of the Children’s Act and other relevant legislation
- Management and Communication Skills
- Ability to integrate theory and practice
- Sound and effective administration, information systems and work load management
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer Skills
- Police clearance
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge and experience of Social Work Supervision
- Knowledge and experience of volunteer services
- Knowledge & experience of safety and risk assessment of children & families
- Knowledge and experience of ECD services and management of services to older persons.
To commence work on: 1 May 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter Salary and benefits within the scales of ACVV.
Inquiries and applications to: Nicolette van der Walt, National Manager Child Protection at Ph. (021) 461 7437. Please send full CV with references by no later than 13h00 on 17 March 2023 to [email protected]
If you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to PAchildprotection@acvv.org.za.