Applications are invited for a full-time position at the middle management level in the field of social work and child protection services in the Nelson Mandela region (office in Walmer, Port Elizabeth/Gqeberha, Eastern Cape).
Key performance areas:
- Social work services and supervision focusing on child protection
- Guidance, support, and supervision of social workers and practitioners
- Management guidance to branches & facilities
- Professional development
- Capacity building
- Services to daycare facilities for children.
- Registered at SACSSP + Proof of payment of an annual fee for 2022/23
- Degree in Social Work
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in child protection services and developmental social work services
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the Children’s Act and other relevant legislation
- Management Skills
- Ability to integrate theory and practice
- Sound and effective administration, information systems, and workload management
- Valid driver’s license
- Sound inter-personal relationship, communication, and organizational skills
- Computer Skills
- Child Protection Register clearance
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge and experience in Social Work Supervision
- Knowledge and experience of volunteer services
- Knowledge & experience of safety and risk assessment of children & families
- Knowledge and experience of ECD and older persons.
To commence work on: November 1, 2022, or, as soon as possible thereafter
- Salary and benefits within the scales of ACVV.
Inquiries and applications to: Nicolette van der Walt, National Manager Child Protection at Ph. (021) 461 7437. Please send a full CV with references by no later than 12h00 on 27 September 2022 to Shanice Anthony at Email: [email protected].
NB: If you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the closing date
please consider your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to PAchildprotection@acvv.org.za.