Applications are invited for a full-time position at the middle management level in the field of social work (child protection) and welfare services.
Work Area & Office:
- Area: Orange River Region, Northern Cape (Upington, Postmasburg, Prieska, Kenhardt, Carnarvon, Griekwastad, Britstown, Victoria West)
- Minimum Requirements:
- Registered as a social worker at SACSSP + Proof of payment of an annual fee for 2022/23
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience and knowledge of child protection and developmental social work services on all four ISDM service levels
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the Children’s Act and other relevant legislation Management Skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong administrative, computer & workload management competencies
- Police & NCPR clearance
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Willingness to travel
- Key performance areas:
- Social work services and supervision focusing on child protection
- Guidance, support, and capacity building of social workers and practitioners
- Management guidance to branches, ECD programs, and facilities for older persons
- Professional development
- Capacity building
- Knowledge and experience in Social Work Supervision
- Knowledge and experience of volunteer services
- Knowledge & experience of safety and risk assessment of children & families
- Knowledge of services to older persons
- To commence work on 1 November 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter
- Salary and benefits are negotiable within the scales of ACVV.
- Inquiries and applications to: Nicolette van der Walt, National Manager Child Protection at Ph. (021) 461 7437 or [email protected]. Send CV with proof of qualifications and experience by 19 September 2022 at 12h00 to email: [email protected]
NB: If you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the closing date
please consider your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.